Friday, April 18, 2008

Bicycle Trails and Shops

As you may or may not know there are plans in place to create Sumner trails that will link the Interurban Trail and the Foothills and Puyallup Trails. The Confluence Trail, accessed to right of the Waterwaste Treatment Plant is currently open and the Sumner Trail is the current focus of construction.


For more information about the Sumner Trails and to view the updated trails plan visit the City of Sumner website at http://www.ci.sumner.wa.us/Living/Trails.htm.


For those of you interested in starting an exercise regime there is currently one bicycle shop here in Sumner, the Bonney Lake Bicycle Shop of Sumner on 1406 Main Street. They sell the bicycles and provide repairs. Plus they hold free repair classes.


I personally bought my bicycle there. The staff was very helpful, taking the time to discover my bicycling needs and explain my best options. As I had not biked since I was a kid they really had to walk me through each step. They took the time to fit me for a helmet and explain why some helmets cost more.

They provided excellent service and I highly recommend them.

No comments: